You and YOUR wellbeing is important to us!
Wellbeing is not a one-dimensional idea but a comprehensive and multifaceted construct composed of several different elements. We utilise and promote an excellent International model to assist in understanding wellbeing. The PERMA model was designed by Martin Seligman with five core elements of psychological well-being and happiness. Seligman believes that these five elements can help people reach a life of fulfillment, happiness, and meaning.
The South West Wellbeing Centre incorporates Dr Martin Seligman’s PERMA elements (Positive Emotion, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning and Accomplishment) PLUS 3 others: Physical Activity, Nutrition, Sleep and Optimism, to measure and build wellbeing. The PLUS constructs were added by the SAHMRI Wellbeing and Resilience Centre in South Australia in response to consultations with global experts in wellbeing measurement, who indicated that this will provide a more comprehensive evaluation of individual and societal wellbeing.
“A measure of PERMA plus the trinity of physical health – physical activity, nutrition and sleep – plus optimism builds resilience in people. PERMA plus optimism supports the “bounce back” from adversity that everybody needs to cope with normal life, let alone highly challenging events.” — Brigadier General (ret) Dr. Rhonda Cornum
The Professionals at the South West Wellbeing Centre include a collaboration of professionals working in a team approach for your wellbeing.
Aspects of your health and Wellbeing, not limited to but including…..
- Individual Counselling & Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Paediatric Services (Therapeutic, Assessment)
- Eating Disorder Clinic
- Insomnia & Sleep Disorders
- A.S.D – Therapy aimed at the Autism Spectrum
- Psychological Assessment
- EAP Services – Employee Assistance Program (Employer funded Counselling)
THE TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS INCLUDES
- My Child My Family – Counselling & Therapy for Adults, Children & Families
- Tuart Grove Services – Therapy and a special interest in Pain Management
- Wellspring Counselling – Counselling for the whole family.
- Empowered Motherhood – services for Pregnancy, Birth and Parenting
- Art Therapy (Making your Mark Ministries) – for Adults, Children & Families
- Three Quivers Counselling – Counselling for Adults, Couples & Families